1. Be responsible for the organization's construction and the building of a police force in the district sub-bureau; manage cadres according to regulations; manage the personnel matters, education and training of the policemen in the district sub-bureau according to the plans of the Municipal Public Security Bureau.
2. Investigate public security cases and criminal cases, and prevent and crack down on illegal activities in the area under its jurisdiction according to the law.
3. Manage public security and crime prevention; carry out activities to promote legal knowledge and improve legal awareness among the public; guide and coordinate public security work within the area under its jurisdiction.
4. Be responsible for the management of permanent residents, temporary residents and rented houses in the area under its jurisdiction; accept, review and examine applications for household registration status; manage the application, review, examination and issuance of residence permits for non-Shenzhen residents within the area under its jurisdiction; process and issue ID cards and residence permits; report population information to the Municipal Public Security Bureau.
5. Be responsible for the management of special industries and their public security within the area under its jurisdiction; manage flammables, explosives, guns, ammunition and other dangerous articles according to the regulations of the Municipal Public Security Bureau.
6. Guide and manage the security industry within the area under its jurisdiction; coordinate and guide police stations at the grassroots level to improve public security management and crime prevention; supervise people released from serving a sentence and from reform through labor according to the law; guide police stations at the grassroots level to educate juveniles who have committed crimes.
7. Be responsible for safeguards and public security.
8. Perform internal supervision on law enforcement activities by departments and policemen administered by the district sub-bureau.
9. Undertake other tasks assigned by supervising departments.