1. Implement State, provincial, municipal and district laws, rules, regulations and policies regarding urban construction, engineering construction, real estate, geological survey and design consultation, property management, gas, architecture, housing safety, emissions reduction in construction, comprehensive use of construction waste, housing system reform, construction of housing for talents and affordable housing, rental housing, and housing provident fund management; draft relevant local rules, regulations and policies regarding these fields and implement them upon approval.
2. Advance housing system reform and housing security; take charge of the construction, maintenance, rental, sales, supervision and management of housing for talents, affordable housing, resettlement housing for demolition and other policy-based housing; be responsible for giving and managing subsidies under the housing reform; investigate violations in the rental and sale of affordable housing, housing subsidies and housing reform.
3. Draft housing development plans of the district; work out annual implementation plans for affordable housing projects including housing for talents, affordable commercial housing and public rental housing, and supervise their implementation; coordinate and advance shantytown renovations; manage policy-based affordable housing and government-owned property.
4. Supervise the district’s real estate market; assist in the formulation of policies and annual plans for real estate development; supervise the district’s real estate industry; supervise and manage rental housing in the district.
5. Coordinate and provide guidance on housing safety management; manage housing safety evaluation; supervise the district’s property management industry; guide and assist in the collection and use of the maintenance fund; guide property management bids and tenders; assist in conducting training for the property management industry.
6. Supervise construction quality and safety; supervise and manage construction project quality, construction safety and civilized construction; approve construction licenses; organize or take part in investigations into project quality and safety accidents; take charge of the inspection and acceptance of construction projects and put completed projects on record; supervise and provide guidance on construction quality supervising agencies, construction safety supervising agencies and construction quality inspection agencies.
7. Supervise the construction market and industry; regulate the construction market, administer the geological survey and design industry and market; supervise public bidding for construction projects (including geological survey and design as well as equipment and materials related to the projects); manage project costs and engineering contracts.
8. Be responsible for construction technology management and construction standardization; coordinate and advance the construction of green buildings and prefabricated buildings; be responsible for emissions reduction in construction and the comprehensive use of construction waste.
9. Be responsible for the application, examination and supervision of civil air defense projects (including underground civil air defense engineering projects); draft district-level air defense plans and guide air defense drills.
10. Examine fire protection plans of construction projects; supervise and manage the fire protection products and furnishing materials used in construction projects; examine and accept fire protection projects in construction projects upon completion.
11. Be responsible for the management of the gas industry and safety supervision; take part in the investigation of gas-related accidents; plan, construct and manage the district’s comprehensive underground pipe gallery.
12. Assist the Municipal Housing and Construction Bureau in building a habitable city.
13. Study and propose policies and measures for building a team of talents in housing and construction, and implement them.
14. Complete other tasks assigned by the CPC Guangming District Committee, the District Government and other governing departments.
15. Related duties:
(1) Duties related to the Guangming District Planning and Natural Resources Bureau. The District Housing and Construction Bureau manages the real estate market and industry, and if necessary, the Guangming District Planning and Natural Resources Bureau should provide technical support and information sharing. The two bureaus should strengthen their cooperation in establishing a working mechanism to facilitate a stable and healthy real estate market.
(2) Duties related to the Guangming District City Renewal and Land Development Bureau. The District Housing and Construction Bureau drafts regulations for shantytown renovations, formulates annual plans, implementation plans, concept plans and special plans for shantytown renovations, and assigns implementing entities. Meanwhile, the District City Renewal and Land Development Bureau reviews and approves special plans for such projects, reviews and approves applications for construction land, issues permits for the construction planning of shantytown renovations, examines and accepts construction planning, and manages relevant planning.
(3) Duties related to the Guangming District Urban Administration and Law Enforcement Bureau. The District Housing and Construction Bureau manages construction waste disposal yards (not including those transferred to the District Urban Administration and Law Enforcement Bureau), while the District Urban Administration and Law Enforcement Bureau manages yards transferred from the District Housing and Construction Bureau and continually monitors their stability and safety.