1. Take charge of emergency management; coordinate and guide all departments and subdistricts in the district in dealing with production safety accidents, natural disasters and other emergencies as well as comprehensive disaster prevention and mitigation and relief work; supervise and manage production safety comprehensively and production safety in the industrial, mining and commercial sectors.
2. Formulate policies on emergency management and production safety; organize the formulation of plans for the construction of the district emergency system, production safety and comprehensive disaster prevention and mitigation; draft relevant normative documents and organize their implementation.
3. Coordinate the construction of the district emergency plan system, and establish and improve a graded response system for accidents and natural disasters; comprehensively coordinate the convergence of emergency plans, organize the formulation of the overall district emergency plan and special plans for production safety accidents and natural disasters, organize drills for the plans and promote the construction of emergency shelter facilities.
4. Establish a unified emergency management information platform; take charge of information transmission and sharing; establish a disaster monitoring, warning and report system, improve the mechanism for obtaining and sharing natural disaster information resources and release disaster situations according to the law.
5. Organize and guide responses to emergencies; organize, coordinate and guide disposal of public emergencies and aftermaths; guide and coordinate rescue for production safety accidents, natural disasters and other emergencies; take command of disaster response in the district; comprehensively study and judge the development trends of emergencies and put forward countermeasures, and assist responsible comrades designated by the CPC Guangming District Committee and the district government for organizing disaster emergency response.
6. Command and coordinate the district’s various professional emergency teams in a unified manner, establish a joint emergency coordination mechanism and promote the alignment of command platforms; propose the participation of the People's Liberation Army and the armed police forces in emergency rescue.
7. Coordinate the construction of emergency rescue forces and build professional emergency rescue forces for forest fire fighting, earthquake and other geological disaster rescue, and production safety accident rescue; guide the construction of district and social emergency rescue forces, and coordinate the construction of comprehensive emergency rescue teams.
8. Be responsible for fire control management according to the reform policies of the central government.
9. Guide and coordinate the prevention and control of forest fires, floods, droughts, freezing, typhoons and geological disasters; assist in comprehensive monitoring and warning of natural disasters, and organize and perform risk assessment of natural disasters.
10. Coordinate earthquake disaster prevention, and organize and perform earthquake monitoring, prediction, and warning.
11. Organize and coordinate disaster relief, and organize and perform disaster verification, loss assessment and disaster relief fundraising; manage and distribute disaster relief funds and materials and supervise their use within the scope of its authorities.
12. Exercise the functions and powers of comprehensive supervision and management of production safety according to the law; guide, coordinate and supervise production safety of relevant departments of the district government and subdistricts; innovate and strengthen the comprehensive supervision of production safety.
13. According to the principles of classification and territoriality, supervise and inspect the implementation of laws, regulations and standards on production safety by industrial, mining, commercial, production and business operation entities, their conditions for production safety and the management of production safety of relevant equipment (except special equipment), materials and labor protection articles; organize and implement the production safety access system according to the law; comprehensively supervise and manage the safety of hazardous chemicals as well as the production safety of fireworks enterprises.
14. Organize and guide the investigation and handling of production safety accidents, and supervise the accident investigation and responsibility accountability; organize the investigation and evaluation of natural disaster emergencies.
15. Perform exchanges and cooperation in emergency management, and organize and participate in cross-regional rescue in production safety accidents, natural disasters and other emergencies.
16. Make plans for an emergency materials reserve and emergency rescue equipment, and organize their implementation; take the lead in establishing and improving an emergency materials information platform and allocation system, and allocate emergency materials during disaster relief in a unified manner.
17. Be responsible for conducting publicity, education and training on emergency management and production safety; organize and carry out scientific and technological research on and the application and informatization of emergency management and production safety.
18. Build emergency management and production safety personnel teams.
19. Complete other tasks assigned by the CPC Guangming District Committee, the District Government and other governing departments.