The Matian Work Committee of Guangming District, Shenzhen Municipality is a dispatched agency of the CPC Work Committee of Guangming District, Shenzhen Municipality, and the Matian Subdistrict Office of Guangming District, Shenzhen Municipality is a dispatched agency of the Management Committee of Guangming District, Shenzhen Municipality. The two agencies provide services from a shared office. The Discipline Inspection Work Committee of Matian Subdistrict of Guangming District, Shenzhen Municipality is a dispatched agency of the Discipline Inspection and Supervisory Commission of Guangming District, Shenzhen Municipality. Led by both the Discipline Inspection and Supervisory Commission of Guangming District and the CPC Work Committee of Matian Subdistrict, it is responsible for the building of a clean Party and combating corruption.
1. Implement the Party’s lines, principles, policies, and State laws and regulations as well as the decisions, orders and instructions of higher governing departments; complete tasks assigned by higher governing departments.
2. Be responsible for the building of primary-level Party organizations and a team of officials; provide guidance to primary-level Party organizations and other organizations within its jurisdiction. Primary-level Party organizations shall play a core and key role in different types of organizations, and Party members shall play an exemplary vanguard role.
3. Strengthen the building of primary-level political authority and the community; guide the work of community residents’ committees; advance resident self-governance; strengthen community management; carry out community services; promptly report the opinions and demands from residents to higher governments.
4. Be responsible for the building of advanced socialist culture; carry out scientific, cultural, art and sports activities.
5. Maintain social stability; administrate the comprehensive management of social security; mediate local disputes; handle residents' feedback and complaints.
6. Manage population and rental housing; be responsible for the management of communities in smaller units.
7. Handle emergencies and direct emergency responses.
8. Oversee flood, wind and drought damage prevention and disaster response.
9. Take charge of city management.
10. Take charge of management and services pertaining to family planning.
11. Carry out civil administration activities including supporting PLA soldiers and giving preferential treatment to families of soldiers and martyrs and supporting the government and caring for the people; be responsible for affairs related to people’s armed forces; invest in social and welfare causes; be responsible for social assistance and disaster relief.
12. Supervise collective enterprises and regulate the operation of community-invested corporations.
13. Carry out surveys and statistical work pertaining to national economic and social development.
14. Take charge of united front work and work related to overseas Chinese.
15. Lead people’s organizations including trade unions, Communist youth leagues and women’s federations, and ensure these organizations work in accordance with respective regulations.
16. Protect the legitimate rights and interests of the elderly, women, children, the disabled, returned overseas Chinese and relatives of overseas Chinese.
17. Participate in activities carried out by law enforcement authorities in areas including city management comprehensive law enforcement, supervision and inspection of planned lands, production safety and labor that are dispatched to the subdistrict office by district-level functional departments.
18. Participate in land development work carried out by relevant district-level departments.
19. Participate in labor security work carried out by relevant district-level departments.
20. Participate in services provided to enterprises within its jurisdiction carried out by relevant district-level departments.
21. Be responsible for communication between relevant district-level functional departments and deputies to the district people’s congress and members of the CPPCC district committee.
22. Complete other tasks assigned by higher governing departments.