1. Implement national, provincial and municipal laws, regulations and policies on market supervision and regulation in agriculture, animal husbandry, food, medicine, medical devices, cosmetics and intellectual property right management; investigate and rectify illegal behaviors in such fields.
2. Regulate market order within its jurisdiction; regulate market transactions, online transactions and related services within its jurisdiction; investigate and rectify illegal pricing practices, unfair competition, illegal direct selling, illegal pyramid selling, the manufacturing and selling of fake and inferior products, illegal advertising, illegal business activities, illegal auctions, illegal contracts and infringement of the legal rights and interests of consumers; investigate and punish the import of goods from illegal sources; regulate direct selling enterprises, personnel and activities; ensure prices and fees of different industries are marked clearly; conduct targeted inspections on prices and fees within its jurisdiction and support public services, alarming and emergency work in pricing; regulate advertising activities; administer the targeted governance of commodity trading market and conduct related work; administer the upgrade and transformation of farm produce markets; regulate auctions and contracts and undertake chattel mortgage registration; be responsible for the protection of the rights and interests of consumers; deal with consumer complaints and reports.
3. Facilitate the registration of market entities; supervise and inspect the registration of market entities; manage credit-based enterprise categories, lists of enterprises with abnormal operations, and lists of enterprises with serious breaches of law and discredited enterprises; produce annual reports on market entities and release information about such entities; investigate and punish unlicensed business and manufacturing operations.
4. Coordinate standardization within its jurisdiction; organize efforts to implement standardization plans; push the construction of the public support service system for Shenzhen standards; manage standardization; promote the construction of enterprises with excellence in standardization, and the approval of standards adopted by enterprises; supervise enterprises to ensure the release of the standards they implement; regulate standard implementation, standard codes and standard barcodes.
5. Uphold the protection and promotion of intellectual property within its jurisdiction; implement intellectual property strategies; promote the creative use of intellectual property rights; assess and accredit intellectual property rights and manage applications for special funds; protect intellectual property rights, regulate trademark printing and the intellectual property rights market, and investigate illegal activities in intellectual property rights; regulate the market of intellectual property right agencies and mediate disputes over intellectual property rights according to regulations.
6. Oversee the construction of Shenzhen quality in the area under its jurisdiction; urge all departments, trades and fields to carry out quality improvement; promote the construction of quality infrastructure and public support service systems; be responsible for quality regulation; regulate and spot-check product quality, and process inspection results; organize efforts to expedite the implementation of a supervision system of equipment in major engineering projects; organize efforts to fix product quality problems collectively; recall defective products; support the on-site examination of production permits for industrial products, and investigate and deal with major quality accidents.
7. Regulate food safety within its jurisdiction; supervise and spot-check food quality and process inspection results; license food business operations and support the licensing of food manufacturers; conduct daily food safety supervision and inspection and targeted regulations on food safety, investigate food safety cases and deal with food safety accidents; supervise and regulate salt quality and safety; supervise and guarantee food safety in major events; support the implementation of the direct reporting system on major food information and promote food safety among the public; undertake the food and drug safety committee’s daily work within its jurisdiction.
8. Supervise the safety of drugs, medical devices and cosmetics; conduct the licensing and filing of business operation permits for drugs and medical devices; regulate drug retailing and use, medical device business and use, and cosmetics sales, investigate relevant cases, deal with complaints, reports and accidents; check reports and inspections on negative reactions to drugs, medical devices and cosmetics; spot-check drugs, medical devices and cosmetics and collect related information; regulate narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances, medical poisonous drugs and radiopharmaceuticals circulated within its jurisdiction.
9. Supervise special equipment safety; process engineering notification of the installation, renovation and maintenance of special equipment, as well as the registration, disabling, disposal, removal and nullifying of special equipment; supervise and check the safety of special equipment; investigate illegal activities in special equipment; be responsible for the construction of a system for emergency rescue in special equipment and risk prediction; investigate and deal with safety accidents of special equipment according to the law.
10. Be responsible for the management of metrological measurement, certification, accreditation, inspection, and testing; regulate measurement instruments, measurement institutions and personnel, commercial measurement activities, and commodity quantity; supervise energy measurement; regulate commodity accreditation, service accreditation, management system accreditation, and inspection agencies; investigate illegal activities in measurement, accreditation, and inspection and testing.
11. Manage agriculture and animal husbandry; guide and promote the development of agriculture; guide agricultural modernization; protect the quality of cultivated land and permanent basic farmland according to the law; regulate the means of production for agriculture and animal husbandry; regulate epidemic prevention and the quarantine of animals and plants as well as animal health; manage practicing veterinarians, animal medical services, and livestock and poultry slaughter; regulate the safety of farm products, spot-check farm products and deal with the results of checking; conduct targeted regulation of the quality of farm products, investigate cases and rectify accidents; investigate illegal activities and illegal livestock and poultry slaughter in agriculture and animal husbandry; organize and coordinate the "vegetable basket" project (except for the Shenshan Market Supervision and Regulation Bureau).
12. Undertake other tasks assigned by the municipal bureau and support the district government in related work.